This is the home of Dr. John Watkins as it stand today. The photo was taken in April 2000. It is reported that
Dr. Watkins moved into Burnt Corn early in 1800 and build this house which located on the
Old Federal Road just up the street from the Issac-Bett house. Dr. Watkins was the
only doctor in the area at that time and also served as a stateman.